1979 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 GL Factory Prototype * 7K Miles * Highly Documented
Contact Sales at Choice Motor Group
Phone: (602) 569-2222
16000 North 80th Street, Suite C, Scottsdale AZ 85260
** Black Pearl Metallic (Paint Color Code 638) Exterior w Gold Stripes
** Tan / Brown Cloth Interior
** 2.8 Liter Inline 6 Cylinder Engine w 5 Speed Manual Transmission
** Factory Options – Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes
The original owner, Rodney Jacobs of Aspen, Colorado, was given this special 280ZX as a barter for the services his film production company, Freewheelin’ Films, provided to Nissan Motor Corporation USA for filming and producing documentaries and promotional films about Datsun’s Competition Program in the late 1970s. The 280ZX was provided and delivered directly to him as a courtesy through Central Datsun in Aurora, Colorado on February 27, 1979.
This 280ZX was originally built as a “Factory Sales Prototype” for the 1980 Datsun Black Gold Ad Campaign. It was custom painted and custom striped for management review for consideration as the color and stripe pattern for the next production 1980 Black Gold Edition 280ZX. This is the only known 1979 280ZX to be painted in this color (Code 638) and the only 280ZX to be striped in this pattern.
This 280Zx has a custom set of Gotti wheels and Stebro exhaust that was given as a gift to Rodney Jacobs by Bob Sharp, owner and race car driver for Bob Sharp Racing that campaigned Datsun race cars along with Paul Newman.
- Original Central Datsun Buyers Order and Invoice dated 02/27/1979
- Original Datsun Factory Build Sheet
- Original Owner’s Manual and Warranty & Service Booklet
- Original Insurance Card by The Aspen Agency for Rodney Jacobs (June 1980)
- Road & Track – Datsun Racing Article referencing the Gotti Wheels
- 2015 Sales Advertisement with Pictures by Rodney Jacobs
- Sales Letter by Rodney Jacobs to the new 280ZX owner, Jonathan Ornstein, dated 06/15/2015
- 2 DVDs of Photos of the 280ZX compiled by previous owner
- Email dated 08/11/14 from Daniel Banks to Rodney Jacobs regarding the Flyer he created for the sale of the 280ZX
- Internet Post dated 10/18/18 by Jeff Segan confirming in detail the history of this “Factory Sales Prototype” 280ZX
VEHICLE SERVICE RECORDS
- 07/30/2015 $4,538.82 (6,973 Miles) – Clutch Master Cylinder & Slave, Fuel Pump, Fuel Tank, Full Tune-up, Fuel Injectors, Oil Change, Thermostat, Rear Brakes, Radiator, Charge AC
- 09/19/2018 $456.27 – Idle Air Control Valve, Oil Change, Flasher Relays
LATE MODEL TRADES ARE WELCOMED
CALL (602) 569-2222 OFFICE or TEXT (602) 741-4321 CELL - Jim
At Choice Motor Group, we are committed to make the purchase of your vehicle as easy as possible. With the economic down-turn in the past few years, most traditional and conventional lenders have changed their lending criteria and have implemented inflexible credit restrictions and requirements for borrowers, including no longer offering financing for specialty automobiles. In most cases, our finance staff has been successful in providing alternative financing for our clients when they don’t qualify for the traditional or conventional financing.
If you are interested in purchasing one of our fine automobiles and need financing, please inquire about our optional automobile financing programs.
With a passion for unique, rare and specialty automobiles, the founders of Choice Motor Group created a boutique dealership that reflects their passion by offering an inventory of extraordinary luxury, exotic and collectibles automobiles.
Located in sunny Scottsdale, Arizona, we at Choice Motor Group cater to the car enthusiast, hobbyist and the business executive that insist on uncompromising quality, reliability and value in the vehicles that they purchase. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with a relaxed, no-pressure buying experience.
Recommended for you
We selected few cars just for you.